We are currently planning the dates for the 2020 Silver Anniversary 25th MAHB Fall Certificate Program. We will be selecting two Saturdays in November 2020 to be held at the Marlboro Holiday Inn and the Taunton Holiday Inn. The two dates will be announced soon. Download the 2019 program as an example of what to expect.
We provide the Power Point slides from previous Certificate Programs below.
- Diabetes in the community (PowerPoint)
- Integrating Local Knowledge into your Disaster Planning: a New APP (PowerPoint)
- Legal authority for Boards of Health (PowerPoint)
- Blueprint for public health excellence (PowerPoint)
- Bleeding Control Basic Instructor Presentation-Notes (PowerPoint)
- MAHB Youth Health Violence Nov 15 2018 MAT (PowerPoint)
- MAHB 11-18 Raptors are the Solution (PowerPoint)
- MAHB Opioid Presentation (PowerPoint)
- The Case for Public Health 11-2018 (PowerPoint)
- Per & Polyfluorinated compounds (PFAS) in Drinking Water (PowerPoint)
- Legal Authority for Boards of Health (PowerPoint)
- Legislative and Litigation Update (PowerPoint)
- Critical Thinking Skills for Navigating Public Health Data
- Legal Authority
- Legislative Update
- MAHB Food Waste Presentation
- MA Food System Collaborative Presentation
- Opioid Epidemic
- Orientation History and Functions
- Syringe Service Program
- Body Work and Sex Trafficking
- Health Implications of Natural Gas Leaks
- Local Public Health and the Opioid Epidemic
- Orientation Program for Massachusetts Boards of Health
- LSPs: Working to Clean Up Massachusetts’ Soil & Water
Comments from Previous Evaluations
It was so informative especially to someone that is new to the BOH
just wanted to thank all of you for the day, I have been on the board for 6 months and finally have some answers and a foundation to build on.
please thank all involved
I attended the training today in Taunton. It was very well run, good information and good presenters.
That was a very enjoyable meeting. Thanks for your excellent work.
The whole day was informative. The facility was comfortable and the food was perfect. See you again next time! Thank you.
Another great program. Thanks for a great day.
I’ve been a BOH member for 5+ years – I always learn from the “new BOH members” seminar.
This was great info for me as a new board member. Thank you very much.
This is a big help in focusing my attention on the job before me. Recommend this be required of all new members.
Who Should Attend?
This program is designed for board of health members. The materials covered will also be valuable for board agents, secretaries, public health nurses and other office staff, consultants, and individuals considering appointment or election to the board of health.
Why a Certificate Program?
The intent of the training and certificate program is to present a voluntary educational program to local board of health members. The certificate program will give members the skills necessary to adequately perform their duties and fulfill their responsibilities in their respective towns and cities. By reaching this goal, local health boards in Massachusetts will be run by individuals with a common foundation and knowledge of important public health issues and topics.
What is the Certificate Program?
Annual training which provides local board of health members with case studies and best practices to approach the many challenges of local public health. The goal is to enable Board of health members to better serve their communities.
The Certificate program is designed with three tracks; Governance, Commuinity and Environmental Health and Emergency Preparedness. Topics cover a wide range of current issues. There is also an Orientation session for new board members.
To provide individual board of health (BOH) members the basic knowledge to perform their statutory duties.
To recognize BOH members who attend these educational workshops.
To improve the standards and practices of boards of health (BOH); and
To create a better public understanding of the Boards of Health